|قرن:||قرن 0 - قرن 1 - قرن 2|
|العقد:||عقد -20 عقد -10 0 - عقد 10 - عقد 20 عقد 30 عقد 40|
|سنة:||16 17 18 - 19 - 20 21 22|
|التحويل من ميلادي إلى هجري|
|تحويل 1-1-1931م الى هجري (وصلة خارجية)|
|تحويل 31-12-1931م الى هجري (وصلة خارجية)|
|ابحث في الموسوعة عن مواضيع متعلقة بسنة 1931|
|القرون:||القرن 19 - القرن 20 - القرن 21|
|العقود:||عقد 1900 عقد 1910 عقد 1920 - عقد 1930 - عقد 1940 عقد 1950 عقد 1960|
|السنوات:||1928 1929 1930 - 1931 - 1932 1933 1934|
|1931 حسب الموضوع:|
|تصنيفات المواليد والوفيات|
|تصنيفات تأسيسات وانحلالات|
|تصنيفات أعمال وأطروحات|
|آب أوربه كونديتا||2684|
|سنة العهد البريطاني||20 جو. 5 – 21 جو. 5|
|التقويم الصيني||庚午年 (المعدن الحصان)
4627 أو 4567
— إلى —
辛未年 (المعدن الماعز)
4628 أو 4568
|- ڤيكرام سامڤات||1987–1988|
|- شاكا سامڤات||1853–1854|
|- كالي يوگا||5032–5033|
|التقويم الياباني||Shōwa 6
|التقويم اليوليوسي||الگريگوري ناقص 13 يوم|
|تقويم مينگوو||جمهورية الصين 20
|التقويم الشمسي التايلندي||2474|
سنة 1931 (MCMXXXI) كانت سنة بسيطة تبدأ يوم الخميس (الرابط يعرض التقويم كاملاً) التقويم الگريگوري، السنة 1931st بعد الميلاد (م)، السنة 931st في الألفية 2، السنة 31st في القرن 20، والسنة 2nd في عقد 1930.
- 1 أحداث
- 2 Births
- 3 Deaths
- 4 جوائز نوبل
- 5 References
- 6 External links
- يناير – اللجنة الوطنية لتعديل قانون ڤولستد تتشكل للعمل على إلغاء حظر الكحول في الولايات المتحدة.
- 2 يناير – ابن داكوتا الجنوبية، إرنست لورنس، يخترع cyclotron، الذي يُستخدم لتعجيل الجسيمات لدراسة الفيزياء النووية.
- 3 يناير – ألبرت أينشتاين يبدأ أبحاثه في معهد كاليفورنيا للتكنولوجيا، بجانب الفلكي إدوين هبل.
- 4 يناير – الطيار الألماني إلي باينهورن يبدأ رحلته الجوية إلى أفريقيا.
- 6 يناير – توماس إديسون يقدم آخر طلب براءة اختراع.
- 22 يناير – السير آيزاك آيزاكس يحلف اليمين كأول حاكم عام لأستراليا مولود في أستراليا.
- 25 يناير – مهندس غاندي يُطلق سراحه مرة أخرى من السجن في الهند.
- 27 يناير – پيير لاڤال يشكل حكومة في فرنسا.
- 30 يناير – اطلاق فيلم City Lights بطولة شارلي شاپلن.
- 3 فبراير – Hawke's Bay earthquake: Much of the New Zealand cities of Napier and Hastings are destroyed in an earthquake measuring 7.9 on the مقياس ريختر فيقتل 256 شخصاً.
- 4 فبراير – الزعيم السوڤيتي يوسف ستالين يلقي خطبة يدعو فيها إلى التصنيع السريع، arguing that only strong industrialized countries will win wars while "weak" nations are "beaten". Stalin states : "We are fifty or a hundred years behind the advanced countries. We must make good this distance in ten years. Either we do it, or they will crush us." Intensification of the first five-year plan in the Soviet Union for industrialization and collectivization of agriculture.
- 10 فبراير – بدء احتفالات الافتتاح الرسمي لنيودلهي كعاصمة للهند.
- 11 فبراير – National Socialist (NSDAP) and German National People's Party (DNVP) members walk out of the German Reichstag in protest against changes in the parliament's protocol intended to limit heckling.
- 12 فبراير – Vatican Radio first broadcasts.
- 13 فبراير - رسالة من رئيس الوزراء البريطاني رامزي مكدونالد إلى حاييم وايزمان تفسر الورقة البيضاء 1930، بسبب حملة رأي عام نشطة قام بها الصهاينة، تم رفع القيود على الهجرة وشراء الأراضي.
- 14 فبراير – The original film version of Dracula with Bela Lugosi is released in the United States.
- 16 فبراير – Pehr Evind Svinhufvud is elected رئيس فنلندا.
- 20 فبراير – كاليفورنيا gets the go-ahead by the United States Congress to build the San Francisco–Oakland Bay Bridge.
- 21 فبراير – ثوريون پيروڤيون يخطفون طائرة فورد ثلاثية المحركات ويطلبون من الطيار إسقاط منشورات فوق العاصمة ليما.
- 1 مارس –
- Gabriel Terra takes office as president of the Uruguay 9 following the victory of the Colorados in the elections of November 30 , 1930. The employers 'sectors are organized into a powerful vigilance committee to stop the Batllists' reforming wishes . In a context of economic crisis, the president Colorado Terra, a fraction of the Blanco party and the oligarchy demand the return to presidential rule, while the Batllists and the other fraction of the Blanco party sign in September the pacto of chinchulín which allows them to being the majority in the college executive.
- The USS Arizona is placed back in full commission after a refit.
- Sir Oswald Mosley founds the New Party as a breakaway from the Labour Party in the United Kingdom.
- 3 مارس – The Star-Spangled Banner is adopted as the United States' National anthem.
- 5 مارس –
- نائب الملك البريطاني في الهند و مهندس غاندي يوقعان معاهدة غاندي-إروين.
- دانيال سلامانكا أوري (in) , victorious of the elections of January 4 , is inaugurated president of Bolivia 9 . A strong man in the service of the oligarchy, he attributes social unrest to "foreign communist propaganda". Unable to calm the social and political climate despite a severe "social defense law," Salamanca distracts Bolivians from Paraguay's rivalry over the Chaco .
- March 7 – The new House of Representatives opens in Helsinki, Finland.
- March 11 – The Ready for Labour and Defence of the USSR programme, abbreviated as GTO, is introduced in the Soviet Union.
- March 17 – Nevada legalizes gambling.
- March 19 – Westminster St George's by-election in the U.K. results in the victory of the Conservative candidate Duff Cooper. The by-election has been treated virtually as a referendum on the leadership of the Conservative leader Stanley Baldwin, and Duff Cooper's victory ends the campaign by the press barons Lord Beaverbrook and Viscount Rothermere to oust Baldwin.
- 20 مارس -
- فشل محاولة انقلاب في اليابان مزمعة بنفس اليوم.
- Order in Council , effective on 15 April , setting a new constitution for Ceylon ( Donoughmore Constitution ) 22 . Internal autonomy of the island and universal suffrage .
- 23 مارس –
- conflict between Tibet and China : following a dispute between the monasteries of Dragyab and Beri in Kham in July 1930 , the Tibetan army occupies Beri and Kandze in Sichuan , then Nyarong on April 10 ; at the suggestion of Liu Wenhui , chairman of the Sichuan government, Chiang Kai-shek informs the thirteenth Dalai Lama of the nature of the conflict, because he seems to ignore the reality of the situation. Thubten Gyatso responds on March 24that he has ordered a ceasefire but that it will take several weeks for the information to reach the combat zone. In the field, Tibetan forces continue their advance towards Dartsedo while the Chinese retreat. The Chinese government is trying to get in touch with the Dalai Lama through his representative, Konchog Byunas, the abbot of the Palace of the Eternal Harmony of Beijing, who has just arrived in Nanjing, while the envoys of the Mongolian and Tibetan Affairs Commission arrive in Dartsedo in June to negotiate with Tibetan generals. They refuse to make cities occupied and fighting continues. The Chinese State Council then charges Liu Wenhuiof an army that combined the forces of Ma Bufang , governor of the province of Qinghai , takes Beri, Kandzé and Nyarong in fall 1932, and the important town of Derge.
- Indian revolutionary leaders Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Rajguru and Sukhdev Thapar are hanged for conspiracy to murder in the British Raj.
- March 25 – The Scottsboro Boys are arrested in Alabama and charged with rape.
- March 27 – English writer Arnold Bennett dies of typhoid in London shortly after returning from a visit to Paris, where he drank local water to prove it was safe.
- March 31 – An earthquake destroys Managua, Nicaragua, killing 2,000 people.
- April 1 – The Second Encirclement Campaign against Jiangxi Soviet in China is launched by the Kuomintang government to destroy the Communist forces in Jiangxi province.
- 4 أبريل - بدء start of the yellow cruise , organized by Citroën expedition between Beirut and China by the Silk Road (end of February 12 , 1932)
- April 6 – The Portuguese government declares martial law in Madeira and in the Azores because of an attempted military takeover in Funchal.
- April 9 – Argentinian anarchist Severino Digiovanni is executed.
- April 12 – Municipal elections in Spain, which are treated as a virtual referendum on the monarchy, result in the triumph for the republican parties.
- 14 أبريل – استقالة حكومة أوساتشي هاماگوتشي في اليابان، لتنتهي تجربة خجولة في الديمقراطية الدستورية.
- April 15 – The Castellammarese War ends with the murder of Joe "The Boss" Masseria, briefly leaving Salvatore Maranzano as capo dei capi ("boss of all bosses") of the American Mafia. Maranzano is himself murdered less than 6 months later, leading to the creation of the Commission.
- April 17 – After the negotiations between the republican ministers of Spain and Catalonia, the Catalan Republic becomes into Generalitat of Catalonia, a Catalan autonomous government inside the Spanish Republic.
- 21 أبريل - استعادة خنراليتات كتالونيا.
- 22 أبريل – Austria, the UK, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Sweden and the United States recognize the Spanish Republic.
- 25 أبريل –
- split in the independence movement in the Dutch East Indies ; the NIP is dissolved and on April 29th , Sartono, who takes over from Soekarno , announces the creation of the Partindo ( Partai Indonesia ), bringing together those who remain faithful to the NIP program; in December 1931 , Sutan Sjahrir and Dr. Mohammad Hatta create the Club Pendidikan Nasional Indonesia (Indonesian National Club of Education) 2
- The automobile manufacturer Porsche is founded by Ferdinand Porsche in Stuttgart.
- 27 أبريل - مرسوم يخلق منطقة سايگون-تشولون في الهند الصينية الفرنسية. دمج سايگون ومدينة تشولون الصينية.
- failure of the second encirclement campaign of Communists of Jiangxi by the National Revolutionary Army of Chiang Kai-shek.
- 1 مايو – Construction of the Empire State Building is completed in New York City.
- May 4 – Kemal Atatürk is re-elected president of Turkey.
- May 5 – İsmet İnönü forms a new government in Turkey (7th government).
- May 11 – The Creditanstalt, Austria's largest bank, goes bankrupt, beginning the banking collapse in Central Europe that causes a worldwide financial meltdown.
- May 13 – Paul Doumer is elected president of France.
- May 14 – Ådalen shootings: Five people are killed in Ådalen, Sweden, when soldiers open fire on an unarmed trade union demonstration.
- 15 مايو
- 19 مايو - غادرت من بوردو بعثة فرنسية لدراسة الأعراق واللغات في مهمة من داكار إلى جيبوتي، بقيادة مارسل گريول Marcel Griaule. ميشل ليريس Michel Leiris كان أحد أفراد البعثة، وقد كتب "السراب الأفريقي L'Afrique phantom".
- 29 مايو - اطلاق النار في كيسنزلى، بالكونغو، كان بداية ثورة قبيلة پندى Pende في كوانگو.
- 31 مايو – The Second Encirclement Campaign against Jiangxi Soviet ends in defeat of the Kuomintang.
- June 3 – Salvador Dalí's The Persistence of Memory is put on display for the first time in Paris at the Galerie Pierre Colle.
- June 5 – German Chancellor Dr. Heinrich Brüning visits London, where he warns the British Prime Minister Ramsay MacDonald that the collapse of the Austrian banking system, caused by the bankruptcy of the Creditanstalt, has left the entire German banking system on the verge of collapse.
- 6 يونيو - ألمانيا تعلن عدم قدرتها على دفع تعويضات الحرب العالمية الأولى. وفي 20 يونيو، الرئيس الأمريكي هربرت هوڤر يعلن "تأجيل هوڤر" Hoover moratorium والذي بمقتضاه تتأجل إلتزامات ألمانيا في سداد الديون والتعويضات لمدة عام.
- June 12 – English cricketer Charlie Parker equals J. T. Hearne's record for the earliest date to reach 100 wickets.
- June 14 – Saint-Philibert disaster: the overloaded pleasure craft Saint-Philibert, carrying trippers home to Nantes from the Île de Noirmoutier, sinks at the mouth of the river Loire in France; over 450 drown.
- June 19
- June 23–July 1 – Wiley Post and Harold Gatty accomplish the first round-the-world flight in a single-engine plane, flying eastabout from Roosevelt Field, New York, in 8 days, 15 hours, 51 minutes.
- 27 يونيو - حادثة ناكامورا: إعدامات عاجلة لأربعة جنود من الجيش الياباني الامبراطوري، كان قائدهم شينتارو ناكامورا ، على يد الجنود الصينيين في منشوريا.
- July – John Haven Emerson of Cambridge, Massachusetts perfects his negative pressure ventilator ("iron lung") just in time for the growing polio epidemic.
- يوليو وأغسطس - فيضان نهري Yangtze والنهر الأصفر في الصين؛ floods make 4 million victims
- 1 يوليو –
- Wanbaoshan incident in Manchuria (Chinese police fired on peasants Korean )
- Rebuilt Milano Centrale railway station officially opens in Italy.
- 9 يوليو – Irish racing driver Kaye Don breaks the world water speed record at Lake Garda, Italy.
- 10 يوليو - الحكومة النرويجية تطالب بـشرق گرينلاند. وقد تخلت عن هذه المطالبة في 5 أبريل 1933، نزولاً على قرار من محكمة العدل الدولية.
- 13 يوليو – Royal soldiers shoot and kill 22 people demonstrating against the Maharaja Hari Singh of the Indian princely state of Kashmir and Jammu.
- 16 يوليو – Emperor Haile Selassie signs the first constitution of Ethiopia.
- 20 يوليو - فشل مؤتمر مالي دولي في لندن.
- 26 يوليو – The millennialist Bible Student movement adopts the name Jehovah's Witnesses at a meeting in Columbus, Ohio.
- July 31 – The May Report in the United Kingdom recommends extensive cuts to government expenditure. This produces a political crisis as many members of the Labour Party (at this time in government) object to the proposals.
- The 1931 China floods reach their peak in possibly the deadliest natural disaster yet recorded.
- Chiang Kai-shek personally leads a third campaign of encirclement of the Communists and enters deeply in Jiangxi, but Mao Zedong and Zhu De manage to divide his army in small units and to attack them individually, causing them heavy losses
- Warner Brothers releases the first Merrie Melodies cartoon, Lady, Play Your Mandolin.
- August 2 Murder of Paul Anlauf and Franz Lenck, two Berlin police officers are killed by Communists.
- August 9 – Referendum in Prussia for dissolving the Landtag ends with the "yes" side winning 37% of the vote, which is insufficient for calling the early elections. The elections are intended to remove the Social Democratic Party (SPD) government of Otto Braun, which is one of the strongest forces for democracy in Germany. Supporting the "yes" side were the NSDAP, the DNVP and the Communist Party (KPD) while supporting the "no" side were the SPD and Zentrum.
- 11 أغسطس – Run on the British pound leads to political and economic crisis in Britain. (انظر أزمة المصارف الأوروپية 1931) أدت إلى ...
- 24 أغسطس – حكومة حزب العمل بقيادة رامزي مكدونالد تستقيل في بريطانيا، ويحل محلها حكومة وطنية تمثل جميع الأحزاب، أيضاً بقيادة مكدونالد.
- 31 أغسطس - 7 سبتمبر - تمرد القوات البحرية التشيلية المتمركزة في كوكيمبو
- 5 سبتمبر – John Thomson, Scottish football player, dies as the result of an accident during a Celtic–Rangers match.
- 7 سبتمبر – Second Round Table Conference on the constitutional future of India opens in London. Mahatma Gandhi represents the Indian National Congress.
- 10 سبتمبر – The worst hurricane in British Honduras history kills an estimated 1,500.
- September 15 – Invergordon Mutiny: Strikes are called in the British Royal Navy due to decreased pay.
- 16 سبتمبر – الإعدام شنقاً لزعيم المقاومة الليبية عمر المختار في ليبيا الإيطالية. خليفته في النضال ألقى السلاح بعد ستة أشهر، لتنتهي المقاومة السنوسية المسلحة ضد الاستعمار الإيطالي لليبيا. وفي 24 يناير 1932، أعلن الحاكم پييترو بادوليو أن ليبيا قد تم إخضاعها.
- 18 سبتمبر
- حادثة موكدن: أفراد من الجيش الياباني الامبراطوري، متخفين كجنود صينيين يقومون بعمل تخريبي ضد السكة الحديدية ويقتلون جنودا يابانيين مرابطين في منشوريا لحماية سكة حديد جنوب منشوريا. وقد استخدمت اليابان الحادث كذريعة لاحتلال موكدن (شنيانگ) وتشانگتشون. القوات الصينية، بقيادة ژانگ شوىليانگ، تُحجم عن التصدي لليابانين. وبذلك بدأ الغزو الياباني لمنشوريا.
- گلي راوبال تنتحر في شقة خالها أدولف هتلر.
- 20 سبتمبر – بمسدس مصوَّب، حرفياً، لرأسه، القائد الصيني لمقاطعة كيرين يعلن ضم المقاطعة إلى اليابان.
- 21 سبتمبر -
- 22 سبتمبر - أزمة نقدية في المملكة المتحدة. الدولة على حافة الإفلاس. المملكة المتحدة تتخلى عن معيار الذهب وتخفض قيمة الجنيه الاسترليني بنسبة 30%. الصادرات تستعيد قدرتها على المنافسة.
- October – The Caltech Department of Physics faculty and graduate students meet with Albert Einstein as a guest.
- October 4 – Dick Tracy, the comic strip detective character created by cartoonist Chester Gould, makes his debut appearance in the Detroit Mirror newspaper.
- October 5 – American aviators Clyde Edward Pangborn and Hugh Herndon, Jr., complete the first non-stop flight across the Pacific Ocean, from Misawa, Japan, to East Wenatchee, Washington, in 41½ hours.
- 10 أكتوبر - هتلر يلتقي لأول مرة مع الرئيس هندنبورگ.
- 11 أكتوبر – Rally in Bad Harzburg, Germany leads to the جبهة هارتسبورگ being founded, uniting the NSDAP, the DNVP, the Stahlhelm and various other right-wing fractions.
- October 17
- October 24 – The George Washington Bridge across the Hudson River in the United States is dedicated; it opens to traffic the following day. At 3,500 feet (1,100 m), it nearly doubles the previous record for the longest main span in the world.
- October 27 – United Kingdom general election results in the victory of the National Government and the defeat of Labour Party in the country's greatest ever electoral landslide.
- 4 نوفمبر - مقاومة جسر نهر نن: بدء حملة جيانگچياو (4-18 نوفمبر)
- 7 نوفمبر
- 8 نوفمبر
- 20 نوفمبر - اليابانيون يصلون إلى چيچيهار، الواقعة في دائرة النفوذ الروسي. وبدء تهدئة مانچوكوو.
- 21 نوفمبر – The infamous Red-and-White Party, given by Arthur Jeffress في Maud Allan's Regent's Park townhouse in London, marks the end of the "Bright young things" subculture in Britain.
- 25 نوفمبر
- 26 نوفمبر – الهيدروجين الثقيل، لاحقاً سُمي ديوتريوم، يكتشفه الكيميائي الأمريكي هارولد أوري.
- 5 ديسمبر – كاتدرائية المسيح المخلس الأصلية في موسكو (1883) تُنسف بأمر من يوسف ستالين.
- 7-17 ديسمبر - المفتي الحاج أمين الحسيني ينظم، في القدس، المؤتمر الإسلامي، الذي حضره 145 مندوباً من 20 دولة. المؤتمر يدين الصهيونية، ويطالب بوقف الهجرة اليهودية وينادي بالتضامن بين العرب المسلمين والمسيحيين. وأدانت قرارات أخرى السياسات الفرنسية في المغرب والسياسات السوڤيتية في آسيا الوسطى.
- 8 ديسمبر – كارل فريدرش گوردلر يُعين مفوض الرايخ للأسعار في ألمانيا لفرض سياسات مكافحة التضخم لحكومة بروننگ.
- 9 ديسمبر – Constituent Cortes الاسباني يقر الدستور الاسباني 1931، مؤسساً الجمهورية الاسبانية الثانية.
- 10 ديسمبر
- 11 ديسمبر – برلمان المملكة المتحدة يـُفعـِّل Statute of Westminster، الذي أرسى وضعاً من التساوي التشريعي بين الدومنيونات المحكومة ذاتياً كومنولث أستراليا، ودومنيون كندا، والدولة الأيرلندية الحرة, نيوفاوندلاند، ودومنيون نيوزيلندا واتحاد جنوب أفريقيا.
- 13 ديسمبر – واكاتسوكي رِيْجيرو يستقيل من منصب رئيس وزراء اليابان ليحل محله تسويوشي إينوكاي.
- 21 ديسمبر - بدء عملية جينژو.
- 26 ديسمبر – فاي أيوتا ألفا، أقدم إخائية لاتينية باقية، يتأسس في الولايات المتحدة.
- Ust-Abakanskoye becomes Abakan.
- January 1 – Mohammad Ali Samatar, 5th Prime Minister of Somalia (d. 2016)
- January 2 – Toshiki Kaifu, 2-Time Prime Minister of Japan
- January 4 – Cleopa Msuya, 3rd Prime Minister of Tanzania
- January 5
- January 6
- January 8 – Bill Graham, German concert promoter (d. 1991)
- January 10
- January 12 – Roland Alphonso, Jamaican musician (d. 1998)
- January 13 – Charles Nelson Reilly, American actor (d. 2007)
- January 14 – Caterina Valente, French singer and actress
- January 16
- January 17 – James Earl Jones, American actor
- January 18 – Chun Doo-hwan, President of South Korea
- January 19
- January 20 – David Lee, American physicist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physics
- January 22 – Sam Cooke, American singer (d. 1964)
- January 24 – Lars Hörmander, Swedish mathematician (d. 2012)
- January 25 – Dean Jones, American actor (d. 2015)
- January 26 – Alfred Lynch, English actor (d. 2003)
- January 27 – Mordecai Richler, Canadian author (d. 2001)
- January 29 – Ferenc Mádl, President of Hungary (d. 2011)
- January 30 – Allan W. Eckert, American historian, naturalist, and author (d. 2011)
- January 31 – Ernie Banks, American baseball player (d. 2015)
- 1 فبراير – بوريس يلتسن، أول رؤساء روسيا (ت. 2007)
- 2 فبراير
- February 4 – Isabel Martínez de Perón, 41st President of Argentina
- February 6
- February 8 – James Dean, American actor (d. 1955)
- February 9
- February 11 – Larry Merchant, American author and boxing commentator
- February 13 – Geoff Edwards, American actor and game show host (d. 2014)
- February 15 – Claire Bloom, English actress
- February 16
- 18 فبراير
- February 24
- February 25 – Eric Edgar Cooke, Australian serial killer (d. 1964)
- February 28
- March 2
- March 3 – John Smith, American actor (d. 1995)
- March 4
- March 8 – Neil Postman, American media theorist and cultural critic (d. 2003)
- March 9
- March 11
- March 12 – Herb Kelleher, American businessman
- March 15 – Ted Marchibroda, American football player (d. 2016)
- March 18
- March 20
- March 22
- March 24 – Connie Hines, American actress (d. 2009)
- March 26 – Leonard Nimoy, American actor and director (d. 2015)
- March 27 – David Janssen, American actor (d. 1980)
- March 29
- April 1
- April 5 – Héctor Olivera, Argentine film director, producer and screenwriter
- April 6 – Suchitra Sen (Roma Dasgupta), legendary Bengali actress (d. 2014)
- April 11
- April 15
- April 19 – Kobie Coetsee, South African politician
- April 27 – Igor Oistrakh, Ukrainian violinist
- April 29
- May 6 – Willie Mays, American baseball player
- May 7 – Teresa Brewer, American pop and jazz singer (d. 2007)
- May 10 – Ichirō Nagai, Japanese voice actor (d. 2014)
- May 13
- May 14 – Alvin Lucier, American composer
- May 15
- May 16
- May 17 – Marshall Applewhite, Heaven's Gate religious sect founder (d. 1997)
- May 18
- May 19 – Éric Tappy, Swiss tenor
- May 20 – Ken Boyer, American baseball player (d. 1982)
- May 23
- May 25 – Georgy Grechko, Russian cosmonaut (d. 2017)
- May 27 – Faten Hamama, Egyptian actress (d. 2015)
- May 28 – Carroll Baker, American actress
- May 30 – Father John O'Brien, Irish priest and musician (d. 2008)
- May 31
- June 2
- June 3
- June 7 – Malcolm Morley, English-born painter
- June 8 – Dana Wynter, German-born American actress (d. 2011)
- June 9
- June 10 – João Gilberto, Brazilian musician
- June 13 – Moysés Baumstein, Brazilian holographer and artist (d. 1991)
- June 14
- June 16 – Gerson Poyk, Indonesian author and journalist (d. 2017)
- June 18 – Fernando Henrique Cardoso, President of Brazil
- 20 يونيو
- June 21
- 22 يونيو
- 23 يونيو
- June 24
- June 25
- June 26
- June 27
- June 28
- June 29
- June 30
- July 1
- July 2
- July 3
- July 4
- July 5
- Aloysius Gordon, British-based Jamaican jazz pianist and singer
- Gerd Lauck, German footballer
- António de Macedo, Portuguese filmmaker and later a writer, university professor and lecturer
- Ismail Mahomed, South African and Namibian Chief Justice (d. 2000)
- Ryuzo Sato, Japanese economist
- Peter Silverman, Canadian broadcast journalist
- July 6
- Jean Campeau, French Canadian businessman and politician
- Robert Dunham, American actor and writer (d. 2001)
- Maralou Gray, American film, television, and theater actress
- Antonella Lualdi, Italian actress and singer
- Louis Mexandeau, French politician
- Emily Nasrallah, Lebanese writer and women's rights activist
- Della Reese, American actress, singer and evangelist (d. 2017)
- July 7
- Russo (assistente de palco), Brazilian stage assistant at Rede Globo (d. 2017)
- Alex South, English former footballer
- Charles Oakley, American football player
- Sunaryati Hartono, Indonesian attorney, lawyer, professor of law and government official
- J. Joseph Curran Jr., American politician
- Palle Kjærulff-Schmidt, Danish film director and screenwriter
- David Eddings, American novelist (d. 2009)
- July 8
- July 9
- July 10
- July 11
- July 13
- July 14
- July 15
- July 16
- July 17 – Caroline Graham, English playwright, screenwriter and novelist
- July 18
- July 19
- July 20 – Gilles Morin, Canadian politician
- July 23 – Te Arikinui Dame Te Atairangikaahu, Māori queen (d. 2006)
- July 26 – Fred Foster, American songwriter and record producer
- July 27 – Jerry Van Dyke, American comedian and actor
- August 1 – Hal Connolly, American athlete (d. 2010)
- August 2 – Ruth Maria Kubitschek, German actress
- August 7 – Charles E. "Charlie" Rice, American legal scholar and author
- August 9 – Mário Zagallo, Brazilian football player and manager
- August 10 – Tom Laughlin, American actor (Billy Jack) (d. 2013)
- August 12 – William Goldman, American author
- August 15
- August 16
- August 18
- August 19 – Willie Shoemaker, American jockey (d. 2003)
- August 20 – Don King, American boxing promoter
- August 23
- August 25
- August 27 – Sri Chinmoy, Bengali spiritual teacher, poet, artist and athlete who immigrated to the U.S. in 1964 (d. 2007)
- August 28
- August 30
- August 31
- September 1
- September 3 – Paulo Maluf, Brazilian politician
- September 4 – Mitzi Gaynor, American actress, singer and dancer
- September 8 – Jack Rosenthal, English playwright (d. 2004)
- September 10 – Philip Baker Hall, American actor
- September 12
- September 13 – Barbara Bain, American actress
- September 15 – Brian Henderson, Australian broadcaster
- September 17 – Anne Bancroft, American actress (d. 2005)
- September 19 – Hiroto Muraoka, Japanese football player (d. 2017)
- September 21
- September 22
- September 23 – Gerald Merrithew, Canadian educator and statesman (d. 2004)
- September 24 – Tom Adams, 2nd Prime Minister of Barbados (d. 1985)
- September 27 – Freddy Quinn, Austrian singer and actor
- September 29
- September 30
- October 1 – Alan Wagner, American opera critic (d. 2007)
- October 2 – Morris Cerullo, American televangelist
- October 3 – Denise Scott Brown, American architect
- October 6 – Riccardo Giacconi, Italian-born physicist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physics
- October 7
- October 13 – Eddie Mathews, baseball player (d. 2001)
- October 15 – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, President of India (d. 2015)
- October 16
- October 17
- October 19
- October 20 – Mickey Mantle, American baseball player (d. 1995)
- October 21 – Shammi Kapoor, Indian film actor and director (d. 2011)
- October 22 – Ann Rule, American true-crime writer (d. 2015)
- October 23
- October 25 – Jimmy McIlroy, Irish footballer and football manager
- October 26 – Hank Garrett, American actor and comedian
- October 28 – Harold Battiste, American composer and arranger (d. 2015)
- October 31 – Dan Rather, American television news reporter
- November 1 – Shunsuke Kikuchi, Japanese composer
- November 2 – Phil Woods, American saxophonist (d. 2015)
- November 3
- November 4 – Marie Mansfield, American professional baseball player
- November 5 – Ike Turner, African-American singer and songwriter (d. 2007)
- November 6 – Mike Nichols, German-American television actor, writer and director (d. 2014)
- November 8
- November 9 – Whitey Herzog, American baseball player
- November 10 – Don Henderson, British actor (d. 1997)
- November 12 – Mary Louise Wilson, American actress and singer
- November 15
- November 16 – Hubert Sumlin, American blues musician (d. 2011)
- November 21
- November 26 – Adolfo Pérez Esquivel, Argentine activist, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize
- November 28
- November 29 – Shintaro Katsu, Japanese actor (d. 1997)
- December 1
- December 2
- December 3 – Jaye P. Morgan, American singer, chanteuse
- December 9 – Ladislav Smoljak, Czech film and theater director, actor and screenwriter (d. 2010)
- December 11 – Rita Moreno, Puerto Rican-American actress
- December 12 – Lionel Blair, British actor, choreographer, dancer, headmaster and TV presenter
- December 15 – Klaus Rifbjerg, Danish writer (d. 2015)
- December 17 – Dave Madden, Canadian American actor (d. 2014)
- December 22 – Carlos Graça, 6th Prime Minister of São Tomé and Príncipe (d. 2013)
- December 23 – Ronnie Schell, American actor
- December 24 – Mauricio Kagel, Argentine composer (d. 2008)
- December 27
- December 28 – Martin Milner, American actor (d. 2015)
- December 30 – Skeeter Davis, American singer (d. 2004)
- December 31 – Bob Shaw, Irish writer (d. 1996)
- January 3 – Joseph Joffre, French World War I general (b. 1852)
- January 4
- January 11 – James Milton Carroll, Baptist pastor, historian, and author (b. 1852)
- January 14 – Hardy Richardson, American baseball player (b. 1855)
- January 17 – Grand Duke Peter Nikolaevich of Russia (b. 1864)
- January 22 – Alma Rubens, American actress (b. 1897)
- January 23
- January 24 – Sir Percy FitzPatrick, South African author, politician and mining financier (b. 1862)
- February 1 – Prince Emmanuel, Duke of Vendome (b. 1872)
- February 11 – Charles Algernon Parsons, British inventor (b. 1854)
- February 16 – Wilhelm von Gloeden, German photographer (b. 1856)
- February 18 – Louis Wolheim, American actor (b. 1880)
- February 19 – Tovmas Nazarbekian, Armenian general (b. 1855)
- February 23
- February 24 – Frederick Augustus II, Grand Duke of Oldenburg (b. 1852)
- February 26 – Otto Wallach, German chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1847)
- February 28 – Thomas S. Rodgers, American admiral (b. 1858)
- March 5 – Arthur Tooth, Anglican clergyman (b. 1839)
- March 7
- March 11 – F. W. Murnau, German director (b. 1888)
- March 20
- March 21 – Bhagat Singh, Indian revolutionary (b. 1908)
- March 22 – James Campbell, 1st Baron Glenavy, Irish lawyer and politician (b. 1851)
- March 23 -- Bhagat Singh, Indian revolutionary hero (b. 1907)
- March 24 – Robert Edeson, American actor (b. 1868)
- March 25 – Ida Wells, African-American lynching crusader.
- March 27 – Arnold Bennett, British novelist (b. 1867)
- March 28 – Ban Johnson, American baseball executive (b. 1864)
- March 31 – Knute Rockne, American football coach (b. 1888)
- April 1 – Macklyn Arbuckle, American actor (b. 1866)
- April 8 – Erik Axel Karlfeldt, Swedish writer, Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1864)
- April 9 – Nicholas Longworth, American politician, Speaker of the House (b. 1869)
- April 10 – Khalil Gibran, Lebanese poet and painter (b. 1883)
- April 14 – Richard Armstedt, German historian (b. 1851)
- April 15
- April 17 – Ernesto Rossi, American gangster (b. 1903)
- April 20 – Sir Cosmo Duff-Gordon, British baronet and Titanic survivor (b. 1862)
- April 26 – George Herbert Mead, American philosopher, sociologist and psychologist (b. 1863)
- April 27 – Albert, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein (b. 1869)
- April 30 – Sammy Woods, English cricketer (b. 1867)
- May 2 – George Fisher Baker, American financier and philanthropist (b. 1840)
- May 9 – Albert Abraham Michelson, German-born physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1852)
- May 14 – David Belasco, American Broadway impresario, theater owner and playwright (b. 1853)
- June 2 – Joseph W. Farnham, American screenwriter (b. 1884)
- June 4 – Hussein bin Ali, Sharif of Mecca, Arab nationalist
- June 8 – Virginia Frances Sterrett, American artist and illustrator (b. 1900)
- June 21 – Pio del Pilar, Filipino activist (b. 1860)
- June 22 – Armand Fallières, President of France (b. 1841)
- July 4
- July 11 – William Jasper Spillman, American economist (b. 1863)
- July 12 – Nathan Söderblom, Swedish archbishop, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (b. 1866)
- August 6 – Bix Beiderbecke, American jazz trumpeter (b. 1903)
- August 14 – Patriarch Damian I of Jerusalem (b. 1848)
- August 15 – Nigar Shikhlinskaya, Azerbaijani World War I nurse (b. 1878)
- August 26
- August 27 – Francis Marion Smith, American businessman (b. 1846)
- September 4 – Archduke Leopold Salvator of Austria (b. 1863)
- September 5 – John Thomson, Scottish footballer (b. 1909)
- September 10 – Salvatore Maranzano, Italian mobster (b. 1886)
- September 12
- September 13 – Prince Friedrich Leopold of Prussia (b. 1866)
- September 16 – Omar Mukhtar, the leader of Libyan resistance (b. 1858)
- September 17
- September 18 – Geli Raubal, Hitler's niece (b. 1908)
- September 19 – David Starr Jordan, American ichthyologist, educator, eugenicist, and peace activist (b. 1851)
- October 3 – Carl Nielsen, Danish composer (b. 1865)
- October 13 – Ernst Didring, Swedish writer (b. 1868)
- October 18 – Thomas Edison, American inventor (b. 1847)
- October 21 – Arthur Schnitzler, Austrian author and dramatist (b. 1862)
- October 24 – Sir Murray Bisset, South African cricketer and Governor of Southern Rhodesia (b. 1876)
- November 4 – Buddy Bolden, American musician (b. 1877)
- November 6 – Jack Chesbro, American baseball player and MLB Hall of Famer (b. 1874)
- November 11 – Shibusawa Eiichi, Japanese industrialist (b. 1840)
- November 13 – Ivan Fichev, Bulgarian general, minister of defense, military historian, and academician (b. 1860)
- November 20 – Julius Drewe, British businessman, retailer and entrepreneur (b. 1856)
- November 21 – Bruno von Mudra, German general (b. 1851)
- November 27 – Robert Ames, American actor (b. 1889)
- December 2 – Vincent d'Indy, French composer (b. 1851)
- December 5 – Vachel Lindsay, American poet (b. 1879)
- December 9 – Antonio Salandra, Italian statesman, 21st Prime Minister of Italy (b. 1853)
- December 18 – Jack Diamond, American gangster (b. 1897)
- December 23 – Tyrone Power Sr, English-born American actor (b. 1869)
- December 26 – Melvil Dewey, American librarian, inventor of Dewey Decimal Classification (b. 1851)
- December 27 – José Figueroa Alcorta, Argentinan politician, 16th President of Argentina (b. 1860)
- الفيزياء – لم تُمنح
- الكيمياء – كارل بوش، فريدرش برگيوس
- الفسيولوجيا أو الطب – أوتو هاينرش واربورگ
- الأدب – إريك أكسل كارلفلت
- السلام – جين أدمز، نيكولاس مري بتلر
- ^ "New Delhi: The Inaugural Ceremony". The Times (45744). London. 1931-02-11. p. 12.
- ^ "Wiley Post". centennialofflight.gov. Archived from the original on October 8, 2012.
- ^ BBC History, July 2011, p12.
- ^ "J&K observes Martyrs` day: CM Omar pays tributes". Zee News. 2011-07-13. Retrieved 2011-12-18.
- ^ "Pangborn-Herndon Memorial Site". Aviation: From Sand Dunes To Sonic Booms. National Park Service. Retrieved 2012-05-31.
- ^ "The Red and White Party". Cocktails With Elvira. 2011-10-26. Retrieved 2014-01-30.
- The 1930s Timeline: 1931 – from American Studies Programs at The University of Virginia
- 1931: A Glance at the Twentieth Century by Henry Hartshorne