|القرون:||القرن 19 - القرن 20 - القرن 21|
|العقود:||عقد 1950 عقد 1960 عقد 1970 - عقد 1980 - عقد 1990 عقد 2000 عقد 2010|
|السنوات:||1979 1980 1981 - 1982 - 1983 1984 1985|
|1982 حسب الموضوع:|
|تصنيفات المواليد والوفيات|
|تصنيفات تأسيسات وانحلالات|
|تصنيفات أعمال وأطروحات|
|آب أوربه كونديتا||2735|
|سنة العهد البريطاني||30 إليز. 2 – 31 إليز. 2|
|التقويم الصيني||辛酉年 (المعدن الديك)
4678 أو 4618
— إلى —
壬戌年 (الماء الكلب)
4679 أو 4619
|- ڤيكرام سامڤات||2038–2039|
|- شاكا سامڤات||1904–1905|
|- كالي يوگا||5083–5084|
|التقويم الياباني||Shōwa 57
|التقويم اليوليوسي||الگريگوري ناقص 13 يوم|
|تقويم مينگوو||جمهورية الصين 71
|التقويم الشمسي التايلندي||2525|
سنة 1982 (MCMLXXXII) كانت سنة بسيطة تبدأ يوم الجمعة (الرابط يعرض التقويم كاملاً) التقويم الگريگوري، السنة 1982nd بعد الميلاد (م)، السنة 982nd في الألفية 2، السنة 82nd في القرن 20، والسنة 3rd في عقد 1980.
- 1 أحداث
- 2 مواليد
- 3 وفيات
- 4 جوائز نوبل
- 5 Fields Medalists
- 6 الهامش
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
- January 1 - New ITV franchises, Central، TVS and TSW، are launched.
- January 7 - The Commodore 64 8-bit home computer is launched by Commodore International in Las Vegas (released in August); it becomes the all-time best-selling single personal computer model.
- January 8 - AT&T Corporation agrees to break up and divest itself of 22 subdivisions.
- January 11 - Mark Thatcher، son of British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher، disappears in the Sahara during the Dakar Rally; he is rescued January 14.
- January 11 - January 17 - A brutal cold snap sends temperatures to all-time record lows in dozens of cities throughout the Midwestern United States.
- January 13 - Shortly after takeoff, Air Florida Flight 90 crashes into Washington, D.C.'s 14th Street Bridge and falls into the Potomac River، killing 78. On the same day, a Washington Metro train derails to the north, killing 3 (the system's first fatal accident).
- January 17 - Cold Sunday sweeps over the northern United States.
- January 18 - 1982 Thunderbirds Indian Springs Diamond Crash: Four Northrop T-38 aircraft of the United States Air Force Thunderbirds Demonstration Squadron crash at Indian Springs Air Force Auxiliary Field، Nevada, killing all 4 pilots.
- January 26
- January 27 - The Garret FitzGerald government of the Republic of Ireland is defeated 82–81 on its budget; the 22nd Dáil Éireann is dissolved.
- January 28 - United States Army Brigadier General James L. Dozier is rescued by the Italian anti-terrorism Nucleo Operativo Centrale di Sicurezza (NOCS) force after being held captive for 42 days by the Red Brigades.
- January 30 - The first computer virus، the Elk Cloner، written by 15-year old Rich Skrenta، is found. It infects Apple II computers via floppy disk.
- February 1 - Senegal and Gambia form a loose Senegambia Confederation.
- February 2 - The Hama massacre begins in Syria.
- February 3 - Syrian president Hafez al-Assad orders the army to purge the city of Harran of the Muslim Brotherhood.
- February 5 - London-based Laker Airways collapses, leaving 6,000 stranded passengers and debts of $270 million.
- February 7 - Iraqi club Al-Shorta win the 1982 Arab Club Champions Cup with a 4–2 aggregate win over Al-Nejmeh in the final.
- February 9 - Japan Airlines Flight 350 crashes in Tokyo Bay due to thrust reversal on approach to Tokyo International Airport، killing 24 among the 174 people on board.
- February 15 - The oil platform Ocean Ranger sinks during a storm off the coast of Newfoundland، killing all 84 rig workers aboard.
- February 18 - The Republic of Ireland general election gives a boost to Fianna Fáil.
- February 19 - The DeLorean Motor Company Car Factory in Belfast is put into receivership.
- February 24 - In South Africa, 22 National Party MPs led by Andries Treurnicht vote for no confidence in P. W. Botha.
- February 25 - The European Court of Human Rights rules that teachers who cane, belt or tase children against the wishes of their parents are in breach of the Human Rights Convention.
- February 27 - Atlanta murders of 1979–81: Wayne Williams is convicted of murdering 2 adult men and is sentenced to two consecutive life terms.
- February 28 - Adobe Systems was founded.
- March 3 - Elizabeth II opens the Barbican Centre in London.
- March 9 - Charles Haughey becomes Taoiseach of the Republic of Ireland.
- March 10
- March 16 - In Newport, Rhode Island، Claus von Bülow is found guilty of the attempted murder of his wife.
- March 18 - Mary Whitehouse's private prosecution of The Romans in Britain collapses.
- March 26 - A ground-breaking ceremony for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is held in Washington, D.C.
- March 29
- April 2 - The Falklands War begins: Argentina invades and occupies the Falkland Islands.
- April 4 - Mexico's children's festival "Juguemos a Cantar" takes place and ends its first run on May 2 .
- April 6 - A blizzard unprecedented in size for April dumps 1–2 feet of snow on the northeastern United States، closing schools and businesses, snarling traffic, and canceling several major league baseball games.
- April 17 - By Proclamation of the Queen of Canada on Parliament Hill، Canada patriates its constitution، gaining full political independence from the United Kingdom; included is the country's first entrenched bill of rights.
- April 20 - Pitfall! is released for Atari 2600
- April 23 - Dennis Wardlow، mayor of Key West, Florida، declares the independent "Conch Republic" for a day.
- April 24 - German singer Nicole wins the Eurovision Song Contest 1982 for Germany, with the song "Ein Bisschen Frieden".
- April 25 - Israel completes its withdrawal from the Sinai Peninsula in accordance with the Egypt–Israel Peace Treaty of 1979.
- April 26 - Falklands War: British troops retake South Georgia during Operation Paraquet.
- April 30 - The Bijon Setu massacre takes place in India.
- May 1 - A crowd of over 100,000 attends the first day of the 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville, Tennessee، which is kicked off with an address by President Ronald Reagan. Over 11 million people attend during its 6-month run.
- May 2
- May 4 - Falklands War: إتشإمإس Sheffield is hit by an Exocet missile, and burns out of control; 20 sailors are killed. The ship sinks on May 10.
- May 5 - A Unabomber bomb explodes in the computer science department at Vanderbilt University; secretary Janet Smith is injured.
- May 8 - French-Canadian racing driver Gilles Villeneuve is killed during qualifying for the Belgian Grand Prix.
- May 12
- May 16 - The New York Islanders sweep the Vancouver Canucks in 4 games to win the 1982 Stanley Cup Final.
- May 18 - Falklands War: The British Special Air Service launches an operation to destroy three Argentinean Exocet missiles and five Super Étendard fighter-bombers in mainland Argentina. It fails when the Argentineans discover about the plot.
- May 21
- May 23 - Falklands War: إتشإمإس Antelope is lost.
- May 24
- May 25 - British ships إتشإمإس Coventry and إسإس Atlantic Conveyor are sunk during the Falklands War; Coventry by two A-4C Skyhawks and the latter sunk by an Exocet.
- May 26
- May 27
- May 28 - Pope John Paul II's visit to the United Kingdom، the first by a reigning pope, begins.
- May 28 - 29 - Falklands War: Battle of Goose Green: British forces defeat a larger Argentine force.
- May 30
- Spain becomes the 16th member of NATO and the first nation to enter the alliance since West Germany's admission in 1955.
- Indianapolis 500: In what Indianapolis Motor Speedway historian Donald Davidson and Speedway public address announcer Tom Carnegie later call the greatest moment in the track's history, 1973 winner Gordon Johncock wins his second race over 1979 winner Rick Mears by 0.16 seconds. Leading to the closest finish to this date, Mears drew alongside Johncock with a lap remaining, after erasing a seemingly insurmountable advantage of more than 11 seconds in the final 10 laps.
- Hussain Muhammad Ershad seizes power in Bangladesh.
- Cal Ripken, Jr. plays the first of what eventually becomes his record-breaking streak of 2,632 consecutive Major League Baseball games.
- June 6
- The 1982 Lebanon War begins: Forces under Israeli Defense Minister Ariel Sharon invade southern Lebanon in their "Operation Peace for the Galilee," eventually reaching as far north as the capital Beirut.
- The United Nations Security Council votes to demand that Israel withdraw its troops from Lebanon.
- June 8
- President Ronald Reagan becomes the first American chief executive to address a joint session of the British Parliament.
- Falklands War: British ship RFA Sir Galahad is destroyed during the Bluff Cove Air Attacks
- VASP Flight 168، a Boeing 727 passenger jet, crashes into forest Fortaleza، killing 137.
- June 11 - E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial is released in the United States, which would become the biggest box-office hit for the rest of the decade.
- June 12 - The Nuclear Disarmament Rally, an event against nuclear weapon proliferation, draws 750,000 to New York City's Central Park. Jackson Browne، James Taylor، Bruce Springsteen، and Linda Ronstadt attend. An international convocation at The Cathedral of St. John the Divine features prominent peace activists from around the world and afterward participants march on Fifth Avenue to Central Park for the rally.
- June 13
- June 14 - Falklands War: Argentine forces in the capital, Stanley، conditionally surrender to British forces.
- June 18 - Argentine military dictator Leopoldo Galtieri resigns, in the wake of his country's defeat in the Falklands War.
- June 19 - The body of "God's Banker", Roberto Calvi، chairman of Banco Ambrosiano، is found hanging beneath Blackfriars Bridge in London.
- June 21 - Prince William is born at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington، West London.
- June 24 - British Airways Flight 9 suffers a temporary four-engine flameout and damage to the exterior of the plane, after flying through the otherwise undetected ash plume from Indonesia's Mount Galunggung.
- June 25 - The Institute for Puerto Rican Policy is founded in New York City to research and advocate for Puerto Rican and Latino community issues. In 2006، it changes its name to the National Institute for Latino Policy.
- June 30 - The Equal Rights Amendment falls short of the 38 states needed to pass; Phyllis Schlafly and other leaders of the Christian right take credit for its defeat.
- July 2
- July 3 - ASLEF train drivers in the United Kingdom go on strike over hours of work; they return to work on July 18.
- July 4 - Four Iranian diplomats are kidnapped upon Israel's invasion of Lebanon.
- July 6 - A lunar eclipse (umbral duration 236 min and total duration 106 min, the longest of the 20th century) occurs.
- July 9
- July 11 - Italy beats West Germany 3–1 to win the 1982 FIFA World Cup in Spain.
- July 12 - Checker Motors Corporation ceases production of automobiles.
- July 15 - Geoffrey Prime، a GCHQ civil servant, is remanded in custody on charges under the Official Secrets Act 1911.
- July 16 - In New York City, the Reverend Sun Myung Moon is sentenced to 18 months in prison and fined $25,000 for tax fraud and conspiracy to obstruct justice.
- July 19 - William Whitelaw، Home Secretary، announces that Michael Trestrail (the Queen's bodyguard) has resigned from the Metropolitan Police Service over a relationship with a male prostitute.
- July 20 - Hyde Park and Regent's Park bombings: the Provisional IRA detonates 2 bombs in central London, killing 8 soldiers, wounding 47 people, and leading to the deaths of 7 horses.
- July 21 - إتشإمإس Hermes, the Royal Navy flagship during the Falklands War، returns home to Portsmouth to a hero's welcome.
- July 23
- The International Whaling Commission decides to end commercial whaling by 1985–1986.
- A coroner's jury returns a verdict of suicide on Roberto Calvi، who was found hanging under Blackfriars Bridge.
- Torrential rain and mudslides in Nagasaki، Japan destroy bridges and kill 299.
- On a movie set, the Twilight Zone actor Vic Morrow and 2 child actors die in a helicopter stunt accident.
- July 31 - In Beaune، France, 53 persons, 46 of them children, die in a highway accident (France's worst).
- August 1 - Attempted coup against government of Daniel Arap Moi in Kenya.
- August 4 - The United Nations Security Council votes to censure Israel because its troops are still in Lebanon.
- August 7 - Italian Prime Minister Giovanni Spadolini resigns.
- August 12 - Mexico announces it is unable to pay its large foreign debt, triggering a debt crisis that quickly spreads throughout Latin America.
- August 13 - In Hong Kong, health warnings on cigarette packets are made statutory.
- August 17 - The first compact discs (CDs) are produced in Germany.
- August 20 - Lebanese Civil War: A multinational force lands in Beirut to oversee the PLO withdrawal from Lebanon. French troops arrive August 21، U.S. Marines August 25.
- September 1 - The United States Air Force Space Command is founded.
- September 3 - Italian general Carlo Alberto Dalla Chiesa is killed in a Mafia ambush.
- September 5 - Iowa paperboy Johnny Gosch is kidnapped.
- September 14 - Lebanese President-elect Bachir Gemayel is assassinated in Beirut.
- September 18 - A Lebanese Christian militia (the Phalange) kill thousands of Palestinians in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps in West Beirut, the massacre is a response to the assassination of president-elect, Bachir Gemayel four days earlier.
- September 19 - The first emoticons are posted by Scott Fahlman.
- September 21
- The first International Day of Peace is proclaimed by the (United Nations).
- The National Football League Players Association calls a strike، the first in-season work stoppage in the National Football League's 63-year history. The strike lasts for 57 days, reduces the regular season from 16 games to 9, and forces an expanded 16-team playoff tournament.
- September 23 - Amine Gemayel، brother of Bachir, is elected رئيس لبنان.
- September 24 - The Wimpy Operation، first act of armed resistance against Israeli troops in Beirut.
- 25 سبتمبر - In Israel, 400,000 marchers demand the resignation of Prime Minister مناحم بيگن.
- September 26 - Thermals take Australian parachutist Rich Collins up to 2,800 metres (9,200 ft) during a jump; he almost blacks out due to lack of oxygen. He releases his main parachute to fall to lower altitude and lands by his reserve parachute.
- September 29 - October 1 - The Chicago Tylenol murders occur when 7 people in the Chicago area die after ingesting capsules laced with potassium cyanide.
- 1 أكتوبر
- هلموت كول replaces Helmut Schmidt as Chancellor of Germany through a constructive vote of no confidence.
- In Orlando, Florida، Walt Disney World opens the second largest theme park, EPCOT Center، to the public for the first time.
- Sony launches the first consumer compact disc (CD) player (model CDP-101).
- October 4
- October 8
- October 11 - The Mary Rose, flagship of Henry VIII of England that sank in 1545، is raised from the Solent.
- October 12 - Thorbjörn Fälldin returns as Prime Minister of Sweden .
- October 13 - The Ford Sierra is launched in Europe, replacing the Ford Cortina (which was known as the Ford Taunus on continental Europe).
- October 19 - John DeLorean is arrested for selling cocaine to undercover FBI agents (he is later found not guilty due to entrapment).
- October 20 - Luzhniki disaster: During the UEFA Cup match between FC Spartak Moscow and HFC Haarlem، 66 people are crushed to death.
- October 27
- October 28 - The Socialist Party wins the election in Spain; Felipe González is elected Prime Minister.
- November 2 - Channel 4، a British public-service television broadcaster, is launched, with Richard Whiteley's Countdown being the first program to be broadcast.
- November 3
- A gasoline or petrol tanker explodes in the Salang Tunnel in Afghanistan، killing at least 176 people.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average surges 43.41 points, or 4.25%, to close at 1,065.49, its first all-time high in more than 9 years. It last hit a record on January 11, 1973, when the average closed at 1,051.70. The points gain is the biggest ever up to this point.
- November 6 - Cameroon president Ahmadou Ahidjo resigns, replaced by Paul Biya.
- November 7 - The Thames Barrier is first publicly demonstrated.
- November 8 - Kenan Evren becomes the seventh president of Turkey as a result of constitution referendum. His former title was head of state.
- November 11 - In Lebanon، the first Tyre headquarters bombing kills between 89 and 102 people.
- November 12 - In the Soviet Union، former KGB head Yuri Andropov is selected to become the general secretary of the Soviet Communist Party's Central Committee, succeeding the late Leonid I. Brezhnev.
- November 13 - The Vietnam Veterans Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C., after a march to its site by thousands of Vietnam War veterans.
- November 14 - The leader of Poland's outlawed Solidarity movement, Lech Wałęsa، is released from 11 months of internment near the Soviet border.
- November 20
- The General Union of Ecuadorian Workers (UGTE) is founded.
- University of California, Berkeley executes "The Play" in a college football game against Stanford. Completing a wacky 57-yard kickoff return that includes five laterals, Kevin Moen runs through Stanford band members who had prematurely come onto the field. His touchdown stands and California wins 25–20.
- November 25 - The Minneapolis Thanksgiving Day fire destroys an entire city block of downtown Minneapolis, including the headquarters of Northwestern National Bank.
- November 27 - Yasuhiro Nakasone becomes Prime Minister of Japan.
- November 28
- Representatives from 88 countries gather in Geneva to discuss world trade and ways to work toward aspects of free trade.
- The Edmonton Eskimos win an unprecedented 5th consecutive Grey Cup; a feat yet unaccomplished by any professional football franchise to win the 70th Grey Cup defeating the Toronto Argonauts 32-16.
- November 30 - Michael Jackson's Thriller, the best selling album of all time، is released.
- December 1 - Miguel de la Madrid takes office as رئيس المكسيك.
- December 2 - At the University of Utah، 61-year-old retired dentist Barney Clark becomes the first person to receive a permanent artificial heart (he lives for 112 days with the device).
- December 3 - A final soil sample is taken from the site of Times Beach, Missouri. It is found to contain 300 times the safe level of dioxin.
- December 4 - The People's Republic of China adopts its current constitution.
- December 7 - The first U.S. execution by lethal injection is carried out in Texas.
- December 8 - The December murders occur in Suriname.
- December 11 - Pop group ABBA make their final public performance on the British TV programme The Late, Late Breakfast Show.
- December 12 - Women's peace protest at RAF Greenham Common: 30,000 women hold hands and form a human chain around the 14.5 km (9 mi) perimeter fence.
- December 13 - The 6.2 Mw North Yemen earthquake shakes southwestern Yemen with a maximum Mercalli intensity of VIII (Severe), killing 2,800.
- December 16 - The United Freedom Front bombs an office of South African Airways in Elmont, NY and an IBM office in Harrison, NY. Two police officers suffer hearing damage. The UFF claimed responsibility for the IBM building bombing in March 1984, stating that the company was targeted because of its business in South Africa under Apartheid.
- December 22 - The Indian Ocean Commission (Commission de l'Océan Indien) (COI) is created by Port Louis Agreement.
- December 23 - The United States Environmental Protection Agency recommends the evacuation of Times Beach, Missouri، due to dangerous levels of dioxin contamination.
- December 24 - The "Christmas Eve Blizzard of '82" hits Denver.
- December 26 - Time magazine's Man of the Year is given for the first time to a non-human, the computer.
- December 29 - Paul "Bear" Bryant coaches his final college football game, leading Alabama to a 21-15 victory over Illinois in the Liberty Bowl at Memphis. Bryant died of a massive heart attack four weeks later at age 69.
- The population of the People's Republic of China alone exceeds 1 billion making China the first nation to have a population of more than 1 billion.
- A global surplus of crude oil causes gasoline prices to collapse.
- A brief but severe recession begins in the United States.
- Seattle is officially dubbed the Emerald City after a contest is held to choose a new city slogan.
- George Stigler is awarded Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences.
- The car brand Toyota Camry is introduced.
- Jonathan Schell's The Fate of the Earth, published in book format in the United States, warns of the dangers of the nuclear arms race.
- Dorling Kindersley، formerly a book packager، begins publishing.
- In a Gallup poll، 51% of Americans do not accept homosexuality as normal.
- The first China Central Television New Year's Gala program starts. This program is watched by 1.1 billion Chinese every year.[بحاجة لمصدر]
- Ciabatta bread is invented by a baker in Verona، Italy.
|يناير · فبراير · مارس · أبريل · مايو · يونيو · يوليو · أغسطس · سبتمبر · أكتوبر · نوفمبر · ديسمبر|
- January 1 - David Nalbandian، Argentine tennis player
- January 2 - Kevin Dudley، American football player
- January 3 - Chisu، Finnish singer-songwriter
- January 4
- January 5
- January 6
- January 7
- January 8 - Gaby Hoffmann، American actress
- January 9 - Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge، British princess
- January 10
- January 11 - Ashley Taylor Dawson، English singer and actor
- January 12
- January 13
- January 14
- January 15 - Benjamin Agosto، American skater
- January 17
- January 18
- January 19 - Jodie Sweetin، American actress
- January 20 - Erin Wasson، American model and actress
- January 21 - Go Shiozaki، Japanese professional wrestler
- January 22
- January 23
- January 24 - Daveed Diggs، American actor and rapper
- January 25
- January 26 - Brahim Takioullah، Moroccan Guinness World Records-holder for largest feet
- January 28
- January 29
- January 31 - Elena Paparizou، Greek-Swedish singer
- February 1
- February 2
- February 3
- February 4
- February 5
- February 6 - Alice Eve، English actress
- February 8
- February 9 - Ami Suzuki، Japanese singer
- February 10
- February 11
- February 13 - Lanisha Cole، American model
- February 14 - Marián Gáborík، Czechoslovakian (now Slovakia) hockey player
- February 16 - Lupe Fiasco، American rapper
- February 17
- February 18 - Jessie Ward، American actress
- February 19 - Camelia Potec، Romanian swimmer
- February 22
- February 25
- February 26 - Nate Ruess، American singer-songwriter
- February 28
- March 2
- March 3 - جسيكا بيل، ممثلة أمريكية
- March 4
- March 5 - Daniel Carter، New Zealand rugby player
- March 6 - Stephen Jordan، English footballer
- March 8
- March 9 - Paul Ballard، English television presenter
- March 10
- March 11 - Thora Birch، American actress
- March 13 - Jamie Cox، Australian cricketer
- March 15
- March 18 - Adam Pally، American actor and comedian
- March 19 - Triana Iglesias، Norwegian model/Playboy Cyber Girl
- March 20
- Erica Luttrell، Canadian actress
- Nick Wheeler, American musician
- March 21 - Maria Elena Camerin، Italian tennis player
- March 22 - Chris Wallace، American pop and rock musician and was lead singer of The White Tie Affair
- March 23 - Tomasz Kuszczak، Polish football goalkeeper
- March 24 - Kenichirou Ohashi، Japanese voice actor
- March 25
- March 26 - Mikel Arteta، Spanish football player
- March 29 - Hideaki Takizawa، Japanese actor and singer
- March 30
- April 1
- April 2 - David Ferrer، Spanish tennis player
- April 3
- April 4
- Justin Cook، American voice actor
- April 5
- April 6
- April 7
- April 9
- April 10
- April 12 - Easton Corbin، American country music singer
- April 13 - Nellie McKay، American singer
- April 14 - Larissa França، Brazilian beach volleyball player
- April 15 - Seth Rogen، Canadian actor, comedian, film director, and screenwriter
- April 18
- April 19
- April 20 - Keiichiro Nagashima، Japanese speed skater
- April 22 - Kaká، Brazilian footballer
- April 24
- April 25 - Monty Panesar، English cricketer
- April 26
- April 27 - Katrina Johnson، American actress
- April 28
- April 30
- May 1
- May 3 - Rebecca Hall، British actress
- May 4
- May 6 - Jason Witten، American football player
- May 7 - Ákos Buzsáky، Hungarian footballer
- May 8 - Adrian Gonzalez، Mexican-American baseball player
- May 9 - Rachel Boston، American actress
- May 10
- May 11 - Cory Monteith، Canadian actor (ت. 2013)
- May 13 - Oguchi Onyewu، American soccer player
- May 14 - Ai Shibata، Japanese swimmer
- May 15
- May 17
- May 19 - Kevin Amankwaah، English footballer
- May 20
- May 22
- May 23 - Tristan Prettyman، American singer-songwriter
- May 25 - Alexandr Ivanov، Russian javelin thrower
- May 26 - Yoko Matsugane، Japanese model
- May 27 - Michael de Grussa، Australian musician/comedian
- May 29
- June 1 - Justine Henin، Belgian tennis player
- June 2 - Jewel Staite، Canadian actress
- June 3 - Yelena Isinbayeva، Russian athlete
- June 5 - Yoo In-na، South Korean actor
- June 7 - Amy Nuttall، British actress and opera singer
- June 8
- June 10
- June 11
- June 12 - Jason David، American football player
- June 13
- June 14
- June 15 - James Lamont، English television writer
- June 16
- June 17
- June 18 - Marco Borriello، Italian football player
- June 19
- June 21 - Prince William, Duke of Cambridge، British prince
- June 22
- June 23 - Joona Puhakka، Finnish diver
- June 24
- June 25
- June 27 - Takeru Shibaki، Japanese actor
- June 29
- June 30 - Lizzy Caplan، American actress
- July 1 - Hilarie Burton، American actress and VJ
- July 3
- July 4
- July 5
- Tuba Büyüküstün، Turkish actress
- Monica Day، American model and journalist
- Fabrício de Souza، Brazilian footballer
- Alexander Dimitrenko، Ukrainian-German boxer
- Julien Féret، French footballer
- Alberto Gilardino، Italian footballer
- Philippe Gilbert، Belgian cyclist
- Kate Gynther، Australian water polo player
- Dave Haywood، American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Paíto، Mozambican footballer
- Javier Paredes، Spanish footballer
- Szabolcs Perenyi، Romanian-Hungarian footballer
- Beno Udrih، Slovenian basketball player
- July 6
- July 7 - Jan Laštůvka، Czech footballer
- July 8
- July 9
- July 10
- July 12 - Antonio Cassano، Italian footballer
- July 13
- July 15
- July 16
- July 17 - Natasha Hamilton، Lead singer of British pop group Atomic Kitten
- July 18
- July 19
- July 21
- July 23 - Paul Wesley، American actor
- July 24
- July 25
- July 28
- July 29 - Allison Mack، German-American actress
- July 30
- August 1 - Orelsan، French rapper
- August 2 - Hélder Postiga، Portuguese footballer
- August 5 - Lolo Jones، American track and field athlete
- August 6
- August 7
- August 9 - Tyson Gay، American athlete
- August 10
- August 12 - Jon Olsson، Swedish freestyle skier
- August 13
- August 15 - Tsuyoshi Hayashi، Japanese actor
- August 16
- August 17
- August 19
- August 20 - Jamil Walker Smith، American actor
- August 21
- August 23 - Natalie Coughlin، American Olympic swimmer
- August 24
- August 25 - Benjamin Diskin، American voice actor
- August 26 - John Mulaney، American actor and comedian
- August 27 - Josh Duhon، American actor
- August 28
- August 29
- August 30 - Andy Roddick، American tennis player
- August 31
- September 1 - Jeffrey Buttle، Canadian figure skater
- September 2
- September 3
- September 5 - Cyndi Wang، Taiwanese singer and actress
- September 7 - Ryōko Shiraishi، Japanese voice actress
- September 9 - Ai Otsuka، Japanese singer, songwriter, pianist and actress
- September 10 - Bret Iwan، American voice actor
- September 11 - Shriya Saran، Indian actress
- September 12 - Nana Ozaki، Japanese gravure idol
- September 13
- September 18 - Lukas Reimann، Swiss politician
- September 19 - Nicole Voss، American model
- September 20 - JJ Jia، Chinese actress
- September 22
- September 23
- September 25 - Hyun Bin، Korean actor
- September 26 - Betty Sun، Chinese actress
- September 27
- September 28
- September 29
- September 30
- October 1 - Sandra Oxenryd، Swedish pop singer
- October 2 - Tyson Chandler، American basketball player
- October 3
- October 4 - Jered Weaver، American baseball player
- October 5 - Zhang Yining، Chinese table tennis player
- October 6
- October 7
- October 8 - Princess Siribhachudabhorn of Thailand
- October 9 - Travis Rice، American snowboarder
- October 10
- October 11
- October 13
- October 15
- October 16 - Svetlana Loboda، Ukrainian singer and composer
- October 17 - Nick Riewoldt، Australian rules footballer
- October 18 - Shauntay Henderson، American criminal
- October 19 - Louis Oosthuizen، South African golfer
- October 21
- October 22
- October 25 - Eman Lam، Hong Kong singer
- October 26 - Nicola Adams، English boxer
- October 27
- October 28
- October 29
- November 2 - Kyoko Fukada، Japanese actress, model and singer
- November 3 - Pekka Rinne، Finnish ice hockey goaltender
- November 4 - Devin Hester، American Football player
- November 5 - Rob Swire، Australian musician
- November 6 - Sowelu، Japanese singer
- November 8
- November 9 - Jana Pittman، Australian athlete
- November 10
- November 11 - Brittny Gastineau، American model and socialite
- November 12
- November 13 - Kumi Koda، Japanese singer
- November 14
- November 15 - Joe Kowalewski، American football player
- November 16 - Amar'e Stoudemire، American professional basketball player
- November 18
- November 19 - Shin Dong-hyuk، North Korean defector and human rights activist
- November 21
- November 22 - Charlene Choi، Hong Kong singer and actress
- November 23 - Asafa Powell، Jamaican sprinter
- November 25 - Minna Kauppi، Finnish orienteer
- November 26 - Karl Henry، Professional football player
- November 27 - Aleksandr Kerzhakov، Russian soccer player
- November 28 - Steve Mullings، Jamaican athlete
- November 29
- November 30
- December 2 - Horacio Pancheri، Argentine actor
- December 3
- December 4 - Nick Vujicic، Australian-born director
- December 5 - Keri Hilson، American R&B recording artist, songwriter, and actress
- December 6 - Alberto Contador، Spanish cyclist
- December 7
- December 8
- December 9
- December 13
- December 14 - Anthony Way، British singer and actor
- December 15 - George O. Gore II، American actor
- December 16
- December 17 - Onur Özsu، Turkish singer-songwriter
- December 19 - Tero Pitkämäki، Finnish javelin thrower
- December 20
- December 21
- Mandy Wong، Hong Kong actress
- December 22 - Britta Heidemann، German fencer
- December 24
- December 26
- December 27 - Terji Skibenæs، Faroese guitarist
- 28 ديسمبر - بو گارت، ممثلة وعارضة أزياء أمريكية
- December 29 - Alison Brie، American actress
- December 30 - Kristin Kreuk، Canadian actress
- December 31 - Luke Schenscher، Australian basketball player
- January 1 - Victor Buono، American actor (و. 1938)
- January 5
- January 7 - Kay Hammond، American actress (و. 1901)
- January 8 - Reta Shaw، American actress (و. 1912)
- January 10
- January 11 - A. W. Haydon، American inventor (و. 1906)
- January 11 - Jiro Horikoshi، Japanese aircraft designer (و. 1903)
- January 13 - Marcel Camus، French film director (و. 1912)
- January 17 - Juan O'Gorman، Mexican architect (و. 1905)
- January 19
- January 22 - Eduardo Frei Montalva، Chilean political leader and 29th President of Chile (و. 1911)
- January 24 - Alfredo Ovando Candía، Bolivian dictator, general and political figure, 3-time President of Bolivia (و. 1918)
- January 26 - Mikhail Suslov، Soviet politician and Politburo member (و. 1902)
- January 27 - Trần Văn Hương، Vietnamese politician, 9th Prime Minister of the Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) and 6th President of the Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) (و. 1903)
- January 30
- 4 فبراير
- February 5 - Neil Aggett، South African labor leader (suicide) (و. 1953)
- February 11
- February 12 - Victor Jory، Canadian actor (و. 1902)
- February 17
- February 18 - Dame Ngaio Marsh، New Zealand crime fiction writer (و. 1895)
- February 19 - Margery Perham، English Africanist (و. 1895)
- February 21 - Gershom Scholem، German-born Israeli Jewish philosopher and historian (و. 1897)
- February 24 - Virginia Bruce، American actress (و. 1910)
- March 2 - Philip K. Dick، American author (و. 1928)
- March 5
- March 6 - Ayn Rand، Russian-born author (و. 1905)
- March 8 - Rab Butler، British statesman (و. 1902)
- March 19 - Randy Rhoads، American guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne (و. 1956)
- March 22 - Pericle Felici، Italian Roman Catholic cardinal (و. 1911)
- March 25 - Goodman Ace، American humorist (و. 1899)
- 26 مارس
- March 27 - Harriet Adams، American novelist (و. 1892)
- March 28 - William Giauque، Canadian chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (و. 1895)
- March 29 - Carl Orff، German composer (و. 1895)
- April 3 - Warren Oates، American actor (و. 1928)
- April 5 - Abe Fortas، U.S. Supreme Court Justice (و. 1910)
- April 9 - Robert Havemann، chemist and East German dissident (و. 1910)
- April 12 - Lenny Baker، American actor (و. 1945)
- April 15
- April 20 - Archibald MacLeish، American poet (و. 1892)
- April 24 - Ville Ritola، Finnish Olympic athlete (و. 1896)
- April 25
- April 27
- April 29
- April 30 - Lester Bangs، American music journalist (و. 1948)
- May 1
- May 2
- May 8
- May 10 - Peter Weiss، German writer and artist (و. 1916)
- May 13 - Aleksandr Borisov، Soviet actor (و. 1905)
- May 14 - Hugh Beaumont، American actor (و. 1909)
- May 15 - Gordon Smiley، American race car driver (racing accident) (و. 1946)
- 22 مايو - جودت صوناي، Turkish army officer and political leader, 5th President of Turkey (و. 1899)
- May 24 - Stanisława Perzanowska، Polish actress (و. 1898)
- May 26 - Guillermo Flores Avendaño، acting President of Guatemala (و. 1894)
- May 28 - Lt Col H. Jones، VC, British soldier (Falklands War) (و. 1940)
- May 29 - Romy Schneider، Austrian actress (و. 1938)
- May 30 - Albert Norden، German politician (و. 1904)
- June 2 - Fazal Ilahi Chaudhry، Pakistani politician, 5th President of Pakistan (و. 1904)
- June 6 - Kenneth Rexroth، American poet (و. 1905)
- June 8 - Satchel Paige، American Negro Leagues baseball player and a member of the MLB Hall of Fame (و. 1906)
- June 9 - Mirza Nasir Ahmad، 3rd Caliph of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community in Islam (و. 1909)
- June 10 - Rainer Werner Fassbinder، German film director, screenwriter and actor (و. 1945)
- June 11 - Santosh Kumar، Pakistani actor (و. 1925)
- June 12
- June 13
- June 14 - Arthur Coles، Australian businessman and philanthropist (و. 1892)
- June 17 - Roberto Calvi، Italian banker (و. 1920)
- June 18
- June 22 - Alan Webb، British actor (و. 1906)
- June 25 - Edward Hamm، American Olympic athlete (و. 1906)
- June 29
- July 1 - Jacobo Palm، Curaçao born composer (و. 1887)
- July 2 - Siegfried Westphal، German general (و. 1902)
- July 4
- July 6 - Alma Reville، English screenwriter (و. 1899)
- July 7 - Bon Maharaja، Indian guru and religious writer (و. 1901)
- July 8
- July 10 - Maria Jeritza، Czechoslovak soprano (و. 1887)
- July 11 - Susan Littler، British actress (و. 1948)
- July 12 - Kenneth More، English actor (و. 1914)
- July 13 - Barbara Allen Rainey، American aviator, first female pilot in the U.S. armed forces (و. 1948)
- July 16
- July 17 - Krista Harrison، American murder victim (و. 1971)
- July 18
- July 19 - John Harvey، American stage and film actor (و. 1911)
- July 21 - Dave Garroway، American television host (و. 1913)
- July 22 - Lloyd Waner، American baseball player (Pittsburgh Pirates) and a member of the MLB Hall of Fame (و. 1906)
- July 23 - Vic Morrow، American actor (و. 1929)
- July 26 - Teresa Iżewska، Polish actress (و. 1933)
- July 28
- July 29 - Vladimir Zworykin، Russian-born inventor (و. 1889)
- August 1 - T. Thirunavukarasu، Sri Lankan Tamil politician (و. 1933)
- August 2 - Cathleen Nesbitt، British actress (و. 1888)
- August 6 - S. K. Pottekkatt، Indian writer (و. 1913)
- August 10
- August 11 - Tom Drake، American actor (و. 1918)
- August 12
- August 13 - Charles Walters، American film director (و. 1911)
- August 14
- August 15 - Hugo Theorell، Swedish scientist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (و. 1903)
- August 18
- August 20
- August 21 - King Sobhuza II of Swaziland (و. 1899)
- August 22 - John Boxer، British actor (و. 1909)
- August 23
- August 29 - Ingrid Bergman، Swedish actress (و. 1915)
- September 1 - Ludwig Bieberbach، German mathematician (و. 1886)
- September 2
- September 3 - Carlo Alberto Dalla Chiesa، Italian general (assassinated) (و. 1920)
- September 5 - Douglas Bader، British fighter pilot and inspirational leader during the Battle of Britain (و. 1910)
- September 7 - Ken Boyer، American baseball player (St. Louis Cardinals) (و. 1931)
- September 11 - Wifredo Lam، Cuban artist (و. 1902)
- September 14
- September 16 - Rolfe Sedan، American actor (و. 1896)
- September 17
- September 21 - Hovhannes Bagramyan، Soviet Armenian military commander and Marshal of the Soviet Union (و. 1897)
- September 23 - Jimmy Wakely، American Country-Western singer and actor (و. 1914)
- September 24 - Sarah Churchill، British actress, daughter of Winston Churchill (و. 1914)
- September 28 - Mabel Albertson، American actress (و. 1901)
- September 30 - Bill George، American football player (Chicago Bears); member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame (و. 1929)
- October 3 - Vivien Merchant، British actress (و. 1929)
- October 4
- أحمد حسن البكر، رئيس وزراء العراق رقم 25 و رئيس العراق الرابع (و. 1914)
- Criswell، American psychic, entertainer (و. 1907)
- Glenn Gould، Canadian pianist (و. 1932)
- Leroy Grumman، American aeronautical engineer, test pilot, and industrialist. (و. 1895)
- ستفانوس ستفانوپولوس، سياسي يوناني، رئيس وزراء اليونان (و. 1898)
- October 5 - François Simon، Swiss actor (و. 1917)
- October 8
- October 9
- October 10 - Jean Effel، French painter and journalist (و. 1908)
- October 16
- October 18
- October 20 - James Edward McGrory، Scottish football player and manager (و. 1904)
- October 22 - Savitri Devi، French-born writer and philosopher (و. 1905)
- October 25 - Arvid Wallman، Swedish diver (و. 1901)
- October 26 - Giovanni Benelli، Italian Roman Catholic cardinal (و. 1921)
- October 27 - Miguel Ydígoras Fuentes، Guatemalan general, 21st President of Guatemala (و. 1895)
- October 30
- October 31 - Dick Merrill، American aviation pioneer (و. 1894)
- November 1
- November 4 - Dominique Dunne، American actress (و. 1959)
- November 5
- 10 نوفمبر - وفاة ليونيد بريجنيف زعيم الاتحاد السوفيتي عن 75 عاما. (و. 1906)
- November 11 - S. A. Ashokan، Tamil actor
- November 12
- November 13 - Chesney Allen، British entertainer and comedian (و. 1894)
- November 15
- November 16 - Peter Foster، British actor (و. 1920)
- November 17
- November 21 - Lee Patrick، American actress (و. 1901)
- November 22
- November 23
- November 24 - Barack Obama Sr.، father of US President Barack Obama (و. 1936)
- November 25 - Hugh Harman، American cartoon animator (و. 1903)
- November 26 - Juhan Aavik، Estonian composer (و. 1884)
- November 27 - Nina Shaternikova، Soviet actor (و. 1902)
- November 28 - Helen of Greece and Denmark، Queen Mother of Romania (و. 1896)
- November 29
- November 30 - Rosario Riccobono، Italian gangster (و. 1929)
- December 2 - Marty Feldman، British comedian and writer (و. 1934)
- December 7 - Will Lee، American actor who played Mr. Hooper on Sesame Street (و. 1908)
- December 8
- December 10 - Freeman Fisher Gosden، American actor (و. 1899)
- December 13 - Mary Cecilia of Jesus، Filipino Discalced Carmelite nun and servant of God (و. 1908)
- December 15 - Prince Adalberto, Duke of Bergamo (و. 1898)
- December 16 - Colin Chapman، British designer, inventor and builder in the automotive industry (و. 1928)
- December 17 - Homer S. Ferguson، American politician (و. 1889)
- December 18 - Hans-Ulrich Rudel، German World War II dive bomber pilot (و. 1916)
- December 20 - Arthur Rubinstein، Polish-born pianist and conductor (و. 1887)
- December 21 - Charles Hapgood، American college professor (و. 1904)
- December 23 - Jack Webb، American actor (و. 1920)
- December 24 - Louis Aragon، French writer (و. 1897)
- December 25 - Helen Foster، American actress (و. 1906)
- December 27 - John Swigert، American astronaut (و. 1931)
- December 28 - Arthur Hughes، American actor (و. 1894)
- December 30 - Giuseppe Aquari، Italian cinematographer (و. 1916)
- December 31
- Physics - Kenneth G. Wilson
- Chemistry - Aaron Klug
- Medicine - Sune K. Bergström، Bengt I. Samuelsson، John R. Vane
- Literature - Gabriel García Márquez
- Peace - Alva Myrdal، Alfonso García Robles
- Economics - George Stigler
- ^ "This Day in Geek History: January 7". The Great Geek Manual. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- ^ "How many Commodore 64 computers were sold?". pagetable. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- ^ "Friday, 8 January 1982: What the world looked like - Historical Events". Takemeback.to. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- ^ "Elk Cloner". SearchSecurity. June 2004. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- ^ "Top Films of All-Time". filmsite.org.
- ^ Clarence Tsui, South China Morning Post, 12/12/99, "From ads to ashes." (Archive)
- ^ 
- ^ "Bombs Rock I.B.M. Building And Airline Office". nytimes.com. December 17, 1982.
- ^ "Schenectady Gazette - Google News Archive Search". google.com.
- ^ Cornish, Selwyn, Randall, Sir Richard John (Dick) (1906–1982), Archived from the original on April 19, 2013, https://web.archive.org/web/20130419090752/http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/randall-sir-richard-john-dick-14287