أكاديمية نيويورك للأفلام
|الشعار||The most hands-on intensive programs in the world|
|الرئيس||Michael J. Young|
|الطلبة||5,000 per year|
|الموقع||New York، New York، United States|
|الألوان||Black, white, and red|
New York Film Academy – School of Film and Acting (NYFA) is a for-profit film school and acting school based in New York City, Los Angeles, and Miami. The New York Film Academy was founded in 1992 by Jerry Sherlock, a former film, television and theatre producer. It was originally located at the Tribeca Film Center. In 1994, NYFA moved to 100 East 17th Street, the former Tammany Hall building in the Union Square. After 23 years of occupancy, the Academy relocated from Tammany Hall to 17 Battery Place.
As of 2012, the school has 400+ employees and over 5,000 students per year (many of them from outside the United States). NYFA offers master, bachelor, and associate degrees, as well as one- and two-year conservatory programs, short-term workshops, and youth programs and summer camps.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
NYFA's programs include filmmaking, producing, screenwriting, cinematography, digital editing, documentary film, acting for film, 3D animation and visual effects, photography, game design, musical theatre, graphic design, and virtual reality, as well as an English as a Second Language (ESL) program that aims to combine traditional language learning with activities related to the arts. In 2007 NYFA partnered with NBC News to start a program in broadcast journalism. In 2010 the contract between NYFA and NBC expired, but the Broadcast Journalism programs at NYFA continue to be offered with many of the original faculty. NYFA degree programs, workshops and short-term courses are held around the world. Summer workshops are offered at Harvard University. International locations include Australia, Florence, Paris, Beijing, and Shanghai. Other international locations are offered at various times of the year.
- NYFA is accredited by NASAD National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- NYFA is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Since 2007, the New York Film Academy has been collaborating with museums and major art institutions to organize cultural and filmmaking education initiatives for teens and young adults. Since 2010, the New York Film Academy has partnered with the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Working closely with each individual institution, the Film Academy contributes resources in curriculum development, teaching staff, and equipment to deliver programs that teach students the creative art of the moving image, as well as the importance and value of all forms of art and the institutions that preserve, protect and display them. The partnering institutions include:
- Brooklyn Museum, 2007
- Whitney Museum, 2009
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2010–current
- In 2014, NASA and the New York Film Academy announced a new initiative that would enlist students to create original audiovisual materials to raise awareness about the development of the James Webb Space Telescope as part of the Academy's STEAM initiative.
- The New York Film Academy offered a series of ongoing REDucation Workshops in partnership with RED Digital Cinema Camera Company.
NYFA draws faculty who are active, working professionals in their fields, many of whom are award winners or have formerly taught at such prestigious institutions as Tisch School of the Arts, Columbia University, AFI Conservatory, University of Southern California, Stanford University, Harvard University, Yale University and University of California, Los Angeles. Notable faculty members have included SAG Award-winning actor Matthew Modine, BAFTA Award-winning cinematography Anthony B. Richmond BSC, ASC, film critic Peter Rainer, actor Bill Duke, writer Heather Hach, director Nag Ashwin, filmmaker Mark Lester, actress Brenda Vaccaro, actor Louis Gossett Jr., actor Mark Olsen, actress and musical theatre performer Kristy Cates, director Adam Nimoy, game designer Chris Swain, director Claude Kerven, screenwriter Jim Jennewein, actress Lynda Goodfriend, and actor/director Michael Zelniker.
The following list includes alumni from both the Film and the Acting schools:
- Ronen Rubinstein, Israel-American actor.
- Antonio Chavez Trejo, filmmaker, writer, producer and entrepreneur
- Anouar H. Smaine - Film director, producer, writer and actor
- Rohit Gupta, director
- Masali Baduza, actress
- Vittoria Chierici, artist
- Akkineni Naga Chaitanya, actor and producer
- Andrew Bachelor, Actor/Internet Personality
- Matty Cardarople, actor
- Sasha Cohen, actress and figure skater
- Lana Condor, actress
- Greg DeLiso, director
- Rah Digga, actress and rapper
- Angela Ismailos, director
- Bennett Joshua Davlin, writer and director
- Paul Dano actor
- Kira Hagi, Romanian actress
- Imran Khan, actor
- Joshua Leonard, actor
- Stephanie Okereke Linus, actress
- Camilla Luddington, actress
- Rob Margolies, writer and director
- Alanna Masterson, actress
- Trevor Matthews, producer and actor
- Gerald McMorrow, writer and director
- Mariyah Moten, model and pageant queen
- Raphaela Neihausen, producer
- Shaquille O'Neal, basketball player and actor
- Chord Overstreet, actor
- Francesco Panzieri, visual effects artist
- Giorgio Pasotti, actor
- Bevin Prince, actor
- Issa Rae, creator
- Ragga Ragnars, actress
- Naya Rivera, actress
- Sean Robinson, film director and editor
- Nara Rohit, actor
- Jessica Lee Rose, actress
- Mahsa Saeidi-Azcuy, participant on The Apprentice
- Shehzad Sheikh, actor
- Athiya Shetty, actress
- Hayden Szeto, actor
- Julie Tan, actress
- Kushal Tandon, model and actor
- Klement Tinaj, actor, producer and martial artist
- Analeigh Tipton, model and actress
- Adrian Voo, actor
- Justine Wachsberger, actor
- Eamonn Walker, actor
- Damon Wayans, actor and comedian
- Damon Wayans, Jr., actor and comedian
- D. B. Woodside, actor
- Lal Jr., Director and Screen Writer, Malayalam Movie
- Tharun Bhascker Dhaassyam, director
- Nag Ashwin, director
- Adinia Wirasti, actress
- Alaya Furniturewala, actress
- Alfonso Ribeiro, Actor
- Aubrey Plaza, Actress
- Banky Wellington, Rapper/Actor
- Bill Hader, Actor/Screenwriter
- Carter Smith, Director/Photographer
- Chad Duell, Actor
- Chika Anadu, Director/Screenwriter
- Drama Del Rosario, Documentary
- Elyfer Torres, Actor
- فايز بن جريس، ممثل سعودي
- Gauri Shinde, Director
- Gino M. Santos, Director/Producer
- Hannah Lux Davis, Film and Music Video Director
- Hannah Quinlivan, Actress and Model
- Jason Shah, Actor
- Mariana Gómez, actress and singer.
- Joelle Garguilo, Broadcast Journalist
- Jonathan Morgan Heit, Actor
- Kemi Adesoye, screenwriter
- Kangana Ranaut, Actress
- Kendall Ciesemier, Reporter/Producer
- Lea Gabrielle, Broadcast Journalist
- Luv Ranjan, Producer/Screenwriter/Director
- Maisa Silva, Actor/TV Presenter
- Mariano Di Vaio, Actor
- Neil Forsyth, Screenwriter
- OC Ukeje, Actor
- Omoni Oboli, Actress/Director/Producer/Writer
- Oshri Cohen, Actor
- Oskar Kuchera, Actor/TV Presenter/Radio Host
- Philip Dorling, Screenwriter
- Rafael de la Fuente, Actor
- Rekha Rana, Actress
- Sharad Malhotra, Actor
- Shirley Setia, Singer/Actress
- Stephanie Cayo, Actress
- Tracy Oliver, Writer/Producer/Actor
- Tushar Tyagi, Director
- Zoltan Varkonyi, Director/Actor
- ^ Kalem, T.E.; Peter Ainslie (1981-03-30). "Lo and Hum as Ho and Hum". Time. Retrieved 2008-03-27.
...first-time Producer Jerry Sherlock, an ex-fabric broker from Seventh Avenue
- ^ "Film School and Theater Clear Out of Tammany Hall Ahead of Retail Makeover".
- ^ "New York Film Academy".
- ^ Rice, Andrew. "How the New York Film Academy discovered gold in the developing world," Politico (April 16, 2012).
- ^ Shand, Laura (2012-10-01). "New York Film Academy studying abroad". The Independent. London.
- ^ "Intensive English Program". The ESL School at NYFA. eslnyfa.edu. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- ^ Ward, Andre (2007-11-14). "The Digital Revolution Sweeps New York Film Academy". MovieMaker. Archived from the original on 2007-06-18. Retrieved 2008-03-27.
- ^ "New York Film Academy – Locations".
- ^ "New York Film Academy - Harvard University". www.nyfa.edu (in الإنجليزية). Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- ^ "Accreditation: NASAD | NYFA". www.nyfa.edu (in الإنجليزية). Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- ^ "Brooklyn Museum Gallery/Studio Program Announces Registration for Fall Semester 2007" (PDF).
- ^ "TEEN TAKES ON THE BIENNIAL". Archived from the original on 2013-07-31.
- ^ "Summer Intensive—Art and Film: A Hands-on Digital Filmmaking Workshop".
- ^ "NYFA Collaborates with NASA on Telescope | New York Film Academy". www.nyfa.edu (in الإنجليزية). Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- ^ "New York Film Academy - REDucation - Red Camera Training". www.nyfa.edu (in الإنجليزية). Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- ^ "Academic background NYFA teachers". New York Film Academy. Archived from the original on 2008-08-21.
- ^ "Notable Alumni".
- ^ "MFA Filmmaking Grad Produces Feature 'El Freeman'". New York Film Academy Blog (in الإنجليزية). 2015-05-26. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- ^ ""Sharia" film screening and Q & A with alumnus Film Director Anouar H. Smaine". Eastern Michigan University International Week. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- ^ "Rejected by Sundance, Arab Immigrant's life turned upside down in Anouar H. Smaine's "Sharia"". Indiewire. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- ^ "Financing Your Indie Film and Developing an Audience: Rohit Gupta". New York Film Academy. June 28, 2012.
- ^ Chang, Kee (November 7, 2015). "Screen Test: Lana Condor". Anthem Magazine.
- ^ "Too Big to Sail?". Vanity Fair.
- ^ "Shaquille O'Neal Graduating From New York Film Academy; Wants To be A Director". Indiewire.
- ^ "From the Olympics to "Vikings" with New York Film Academy Acting Alum Ragga Ragnars". New York Film Academy. January 5, 2018. Retrieved December 27, 2018.
- ^ Robinson, Sean. "5 Questions with Filmmaker Sean Robinson of Naked, Puritans". The Advocate. Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- ^ "Nara Rohit Celebrates his Birthday Today". supergoodmovies.com. Archived from the original on November 12, 2012. Retrieved December 7, 2012.
- ^ Mushtaq, Mariam. "Shahzad Sheikh's Interview". thenews.com.pk. Retrieved July 21, 2015.[dead link]
- ^ "New Moon Star Justine Wachsberger – Film School Blog – New York Film Academy". nyfa.edu. Retrieved January 20, 2010.
- ^ "'La Reina del Flow 2': los que repiten y los nuevos en la serie". El Tiempo. April 15, 2021. Retrieved April 18, 2021.