فولز تشرش، ڤرجينيا
Falls Church, Virginia
|City of Falls Church|
A view off Broad Street (Route 7)
Location of Falls Church in Virginia
|County||None (Independent city)|
|• Mayor||David Tarter|
|• الإجمالية||2٫12 ميل² (5٫48 كم²)|
|• البر||2٫12 ميل² (5٫48 كم²)|
|• الماء||0 ميل² (0 كم²)|
|الارتفاع||328 ft (99 m)|
|• تقدير (2017)||14٬583|
|• الكثافة||6٬890/sq mi (2٬661/km2)|
|منطقة التوقيت||EST (التوقيت العالمي المنسق-5)|
|• الصيفي||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||22040, 22042, 22044, 22046|
|مفتاح الهاتف||703 and 571|
|GNIS feature ID||1495526|
|Sister city is Kokolopori, Democratic Republic of Congo|
Falls Church is an independent city in the Commonwealth of Virginia. As of the 2010 census, the population was 12,332. The estimated population in 2015 was 13,892. Falls Church is included in the Washington metropolitan area. Falls Church has the lowest level of poverty of any independent city or county in the United States.
Taking its name from The Falls Church, an 18th-century Church of England (later Episcopal Church) parish, Falls Church gained township status within Fairfax County in 1875. In 1948, it was incorporated as the City of Falls Church, an independent city with county-level governance status although it is not a county.
The city's corporate boundaries do not include all of the area historically known as Falls Church; these areas include portions of Seven Corners and other portions of the current Falls Church postal districts of Fairfax County, as well as the area of Arlington County known as East Falls Church, which was part of the town of Falls Church from 1875 to 1936. For statistical purposes, the U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Economic Analysis combines the City of Falls Church with Fairfax City and Fairfax County.
At 2.11 square miles, Falls Church is the smallest incorporated municipality in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
In 2011, Falls Church was named the richest county in the United States, with a median annual household income of $113,313. While Fortune 500 companies General Dynamics and Northrop Grumman and have headquarters with mailing addresses in Falls Church, they are physically in Fairfax County.
According to the city's 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, the top employers in the City are:
|Falls Church City Public Schools||576|
|City of Falls Church||312|
|VL Home Health Care, Inc||160|
|BJ's Wholesale Club||125|
|Don Beyer Volvo||119|
- ^ أ ب U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Falls Church
- ^ "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Falls Church city, Virginia". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- ^ "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Archived from the original on June 2, 2016. Retrieved July 2, 2016. Unknown parameter
- ^ "Table 1: 2011 Poverty and Median Income Estimates – Counties". Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. 2011. Archived from the original on October 10, 2013. Unknown parameter
- ^ "Municipal Code of the City of Falls Church: Incorporation and Boundaries". Library1.municode.com:80. Archived from the original on January 21, 2012. Retrieved May 14, 2012. Unknown parameter
- ^ Gernard and Netherton, Falls Church: A Virginia Village Revisited, p.65.
- ^ Vardi, Nathan "America's Richest Counties", Forbes, April 11, 2011, accessed June 6, 2011.
- ^ General Dynamics: قالب:Hanging indent Northrop Grumman:قالب:Hanging indent
- ^ "2016 Annual Financial Report, City of Falls Church".